1.1.14

New Adventures in the New Year

Pictures via @VintageMavens instagram

I bet when a new post from Vintage Mavens popped up on your blog feed, most of you were like, "What? It's been, like, a million years!"  It really has been!  And I miss you guys.

The winds of change have been blowing since my last post back in July!  I'm talking a full, 180 degrees of pure change.  2014 is shaping out to be a momentous year of new surroundings and opportunities.

1.  The Store:  I'm absolutely blown away by the amount of e-mails I have received from customers asking about the direction our online store is headed.  I honestly was not expecting so many sweet messages from customers!  I can say with certainty that the store will have new vintage soon.  It may look a bit different, but it will be Vintage Mavens.

2.  The Move:  Jorge and I are moving to Chicago in a week!!  Though I'm sad to leave Miami, we're so excited to embark on this little adventure together.  I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this city, and I can't wait to go exploring (any readers out there from the Windy City, I'd love to hear about your favorite hang-out spots!).

3.  Law School:  Yep, I'm going to be a law school student this Fall.  Crazy, I know.  It's been a dream of mine since I was 19, and there's no time like the present to make things happen.  Don't worry, I'm not changing the name of my blog to "Legally Brunette" and showing off my latest pant suits.  I hope to blog about my law school adventures and run the store part-time.  After applying to a bunch of colleges all around the country, where I'll be attending school is still up in the air (though I've been lucky enough to get some exciting acceptance letters already!).   Who knows?  I may be blogging from Colorado or California in the Fall!

4.  I'm An Aunt!  My best friend (and little sister) had the most adorable baby boy this year!  My nephew, Kai, is the cutest little thing on Earth and he's driven me to spend endless hours on Etsy browsing through handmade little boy sweaters.

5.  Mindset:  To switch gears so intensely can be scary to say the least.  But, within the last few months of studying for the LSAT and applying to colleges, it's clear that this was the best decision I've made in a long time.  I hope you all will join me on my journey through Chicago, law school, and more.  It's going to be a fantastic year.

Wishing you all the happiness in the world in 2014.  Remember, life is short.  It's never too late to do what makes you happiest.

xx Shareen

12 comments:

  1. So glad to have you back! Congrats on everything. I've always loved your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Means so much - can't wait to start posting again ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited to hear you guys are movin to Chicago! My city! We could be neighbors! Good luck with the move and best of luck this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Jessica! So excited for the move! We're moving around the Logan Square area, which I hear is a wonderful part of town. Exploring in Chicago is going to be so much fun ;)

      Delete
  3. yey! Best wishes on everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosa! Miss you and Miami very much! xx

      Delete
  4. Missed you. Congrats. So Happy. Life changing decisions and affirmations are always needed gotta follow your mind and heart. I loved my fashion experience with you. Much love from Australia. Huge hugs and a smooch. Pam xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam! I've found so many gorgeous vintage dresses that have reminded me of you! Very excited to re-vamp the shop! Thanks for the lovely message! xx

      Delete
  5. all of this is so incredibly exciting! A move to chicago, and law school, sounds really awesome. I wish you the best of luck in everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaby! I've missed you! Thanks so much for the message, lovely! xx

      Delete
  6. Just found your blog and had a look though. Wonderful stuff and I'm checking out your shop as I type. Can't wait to follow your upcoming adventures. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I used to visite your blog everyday and you've visited me in the past aswell but it has been a while since I did a check-up, but now I see your blog is still gorgeous! I wish you all the best for 2014, good luck with the move and studies ;)
    I've got a new blog, if you like to see it: www.lcnoir.com
    x

    ReplyDelete

Hi hello. Thanks for the love.